01 November 2011

The Help

Have you read the book?  Have you seen the movie?  Or have you just heard someone talking about it?  Well, you've gotta take some time and read the book.  It made me laugh, cry, and wanna get up and shout (I actually did when I saw the movie.  It deserved lots of applause.).  I just had to find out who wrote the book and come to find out it wasn't written by a black woman, but a white lady raised by black maids in the south.  Her name is Kathryn Stockett.  Telling the story of how black maids really feel about their jobs is not something I had even really thought about.  Told by Minnie, Abilene, and Skeeter this story warmed my heart.  The movie was just as well acted as the words were on the page.  When the DVD comes out be sure to rent it, buy it, stream it or etc.

Love, Shel

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...